Society is being altered at its roots and Christians should be concerned about this for a couple reasons.
Reason One: Moral
Society is defined by its moral code which is culturally reflected in what is acceptable and good [words I borrow from Romans 12:2]. We are watching this code being rewritten.
- Relationships have gone casual; sex is an acceptable activity among adults and no longer the cornerstone of a romantic intimacy between 2 becoming 1 [Ephesians 5:31]. As a result…
- More and more young adults are considering themselves binary. This is saying that relationships are no longer definable—anything goes in a spirit of experimentation. We are losing our identity as a society and culture because society is built on morally well-defined relationships! As a result…
- It is no surprise that we are being told that humans are not monogamous. This is a lie! This is only a rationale for justifying social change. Marriage is no longer understood to be a life commitment between a man and a woman.
- As a consequence of the changes 1-3 there are fewer children being born. The news adds, “social issues are at play” pointing to the cost of raising them, but depressions and wars never stopped us before. In fact post WW2 produced a generation of “boomers.” As a result…
- This should tell us something about the changing narrative. Connect the dots! The LGBTQ+ community in America amounts to a little over 7% of our society, yet society is being altered not to care about them [that we might understand. Christ died for all] but to elevate them to a place of social prominence. We are redefining society by their lifestyles!
- And now there is an effort to reform our children, too.
It all started with telling God to get lost [Romans 1:21] and it ends with a culture that no longer recognizes Truth. [Isaiah 5:20; Romans 1:32]. Christians should be concerned enough to counter this assault on the intelligence of our children and young adults. In parochial and church schools in the appropriate classes, these issues should be raised and the Biblical message supported!
Reason Two: Relational
Why be concerned? Paul in Ephesians 5:30-32 wrote that the monogamous relationship within the nuclear family was a type of our relationship with Christ. Underline this!
For we are members of His body. “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Society is losing sight of this truth which is tampering with our theological understanding of our relationship with Christ. If we think this untrue, we are more than deceived, we are blinded by the false arguments and probably a bit lax in our Bible reading. We are the bride of Christ which speaks to a very special “oneness” being formed in us with our Lord. A life long love relation between a man and a woman was suppose to typify this eternal relationship.
Give this subject some thought … on your knees before God.